If you wish to request emergency ambulance service, please call 911.
The McCandless-Franklin Park Ambulance Authority is your emergency medical service. They are a volunteer non-profit municipal authority which receives no tax dollars. The McCandless-Franklin Park Ambulance Authority provides 24-hour Advanced Life Support care with five fully equipped ambulances. In order to subscribe to this service, or if interested in becoming a volunteer, call 724-935-5844.
The McCandless-Franklin Park Ambulance Authority began over 30 years ago when a group of concerned citizens recognized the need for a system of care for victims of sudden and serious illness or injury. Training was obtained and the ambulance service began with two used ambulances.
The authority has grown just as the community has. They now have five ambulances, three wheelchair vans and two base stations. There are now approximately 30 skilled and dedicated emergency medical technicians and paramedics, both paid and volunteer. Ready to provide advanced life support assistance whenever and wherever it is needed, this dedicated staff is available 24 hours a day, sevens days a week.
The Ambulance Authority would like to take this opportunity to thank all the residents for their continued support over the past 30+ years. They look forward to the coming years with pride in their service and they anticipate providing the same highly specialized care to the seriously ill or injured in our community.
McCandless-Franklin Park Ambulance Authority
“We Care Every Hour, Every Day”
- They provide quality pre-hospital care…with dedicated volunteer and paid professional EMTsand paramedics.
- They have five ambulances and three wheelchair vans stationed at two bases for rapid response.
- The ambulances are staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You will receive immediate response to your call for help.
- Subscription rates are very affordable.
- They offer our community a high standard of excellent health care without tax support.
- Donations are tax-deductible.
- For subscription information or questions about this service, please call 412-367-5883.
- In an emergency, please dial 911.
Child Safety Seat Inspection
If you are unsure as to proper fit and installation of your child’s safety seat you may call (412-367-5883) the McCandless/Franklin Park Ambulance Authority to make an appointment to have it inspected by a certified technician.